Compensation Advisory Board
UT’s Compensation Advisory Board (CAB) was launched in March 2010 to help guide the University’s compensation philosophy, structure and programs. The 13-member board serves in an advisory capacity and includes administrators, faculty and staff from every campus and institute.
Since its formation, CAB has:
- Secured necessary approvals for increasing UT’s minimum starting pay rate for full- and part-time regular employees, effective July 1, 2011
- Rewritten UT’s compensation philosophy
- Developed an "Employer of Choice" model with an emphasis on recognizing and rewarding significant workplace contribution and assisted campus and institute human resources officers in creating entity-specific models
- Initiated performance review completion reports for each campus and institute
- Recommended a biannual newsletter highlighting benefits be sent to all employees at home addresses
- Reviewed and provided input on 2012 compensation guidelines
- Reviewed and recommended incentive programs at UT Knoxville, UT Health Science Center and UT College of Veterinary Medicine
- Updated compensation policies
- Assisted campuses and institutes in developing entity-specific, multi-year compensation plans, based on market assessment findings
- Established entity acquisition and retention data
CAB is supported by Linda Hendricks, Vice President, Human Resources.
Explore this site to learn more about CAB, its roles, projects and future plans.